What does the Academic Support Department offer a Private Teacher, an Institute or a School?
For those of you who do not work with us, but would like to, these are some of the services the Dickens offers:
- Guidance and support in order to make teaching more effective.
- Syllabuses, extra material, bimonthly tests and end of the year exams.
- A yearly coverage of a wide selection of textbooks for children, juniors, adults and advanced students.
- Teacher Training Courses on Saturdays.
- Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) from University of Cambridge English Language Assessment.
- Preparation and exams.
- International Teacher Training Course: Certificate TESOL, Trinity College London
- Certificates for your students from the Dickens Institute in conjunction with Oxford House College London.
International Exams from the following Examinations Boards:
- Trinity College London
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
- University of Cambridge International Examination
Dickens Teachers travel to the provinces so that students and their Teachers need not come to Montevideo. The students are examined in situ, in their own cities, towns or villages.
All in all we believe we are providing a high quality service, but most important, we are making and have made excellent friends who share with us the spirit of the Dickens.
Support and guidance for teachers as regards international examinations:
Please contact Prof. Verónica Jara: email@example.com
Since 1993 the Dickens has offered workshops on Saturdays on various subjects to do with teaching to help teachers keep updated or acquire specific knowledge.
One of the most popular courses is the TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test), preparing teachers for the TKT, a primary teaching qualification from Cambridge English Language Assessment.
TKT will help you to teach English to schoolchildren and adult learners at home or around the world. Use TKT to increase your confidence as a teacher and improve your job prospects.
TKT is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the University of Cambridge. It is internationally recognised, highly respected and a benchmark for quality.
For further information please contact Stella: firstname.lastname@example.org / 27119557
“To be used on Monday”
We are very pleased to announce the new Saturday Mornings programme, a series of workshops with a very practical content, which we are sure you’ll find very useful – in Mónica Harvey’s creative words “ To Be Used on Monday”.
For further information, please contact the Academic Support Department:
21 de setiembre 2740